Thursday, February 17, 2022

Graceland

In honor of the new trailer for this upcoming Elvis movie, I thought I'd share some photos from my trip to Graceland several years ago. It was so delightful and I'm hoping to go back! My kids loved Elvis and it was so much fun to bring them there.

I'm not sure what I was expecting exactly, but it definitely exceeded my expectations. It was really interesting to learn about his life and some of the more personal things about him. I felt like I got to know him and gained a new appreciation for his talent and the ups and downs he went through.

Is it sad to end it all at his grave site? YES! But it's so special that it's all been preserved and well taken care of for so many of us to enjoy. 

The self-guided tour around the house was really informative and brought many interesting insights into Elvis's life there.


 
The jungle room. Elvis definitely had his own sense of style!



One of my favorite parts of the tour was seeing his airplane which was pretty fabulous. I thought this was a pretty nice bathroom for an airplane.



If you ever get a chance to go, I definitely recommend it. As for this movie, I usually steer clear of these kinds of things because they end up kind of depressing. Like the Judy movie I still haven't managed to watch. But Tom Hanks is in it which is usually a positive so I just might have to check it out!

No comments: