Friday, April 8, 2022

Me + Judy's Dress

I was going through some old photos and came across a major life event that I almost forgot about!

Back in 2019, the Missouri History Museum in St. Louis acquired Judy Garland's red velvet dress from Meet Me in St. Louis and added it as a very temporary feature in their World's Fair exhibit. 

Lucky for me, my in-laws live in southern Illinois and we often make a detour over to St. Louis on our way down to visit them after Christmas. Obviously, we couldn't miss Judy's dress!

It was pretty cool to see it up close and in person. As expected it was tiny to fit on a tiny Judy. It showed its age but it was still beautiful!

My daughter was super excited, as you can see.

I basically fit in it as long as I'm standing 3 feet behind it!


Even without the dress, we really enjoyed our visit to this museum. It's worth checking out if you're ever in the area. The World's Fair exhibit is very cool with some hands-on stuff for the kids!



No comments: