Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Judy Meets Julie

There is something mildly disturbing on iTunes. It's called Judy Garland Meets Julie Andrews. Yeah, it's a CD with some random Judy Garland and Julie Andrews songs all mixed together. I'm not sure what to make of it. First, the cover is beyond disturbing. Second, despite the fact that they happen to be my two favorite movie people, I'm not sure that my Judy Garland world should ever collide with my Julie Andrews world. It just doesn't feel right.

In other Judy news, this is a pretty interesting article about Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas. It's been through many incarnations. I, of course, am loyal to the Judy version. I hate when they sing the line about hanging the star on the highest bough. Seriously. This article was showed to me by the guy at work that's planning our Christmas party where we will be enjoying Meet Me in St. Louis on stage. I think he wanted to "warn" me that we're going to sing this song at the party, but we're singing "if the Lord allows" instead of "if the fates allow." He knows I'm the only person that would probably even notice. That was very thoughtful of him. I love my Christian workplace!

No comments: