Friday, May 23, 2008

Carousel

I just got done watching Carousel for the first time. Now, I don't really like sad movies, so I've avoided watching it. But it happened to be on TV so I figured I'd check it out.

I only managed to catch maybe an hour ... and I cried three times. I can't imagine how many times I'd cry if I actually watched the entire picture.

I've always had a problem with certain songs making me cry. My whole life there have just been random songs that I would cry at, and today I discovered a new one: You'll Never Walk Alone. Every time they sang it I cried uncontrollably. And they sang it like 10 times.

Meanwhile, since I came in at the middle, I don't know exactly what this movie is about. But, I'll be honest, what I saw was a little weird. I think Gordon MacRae was in heaven. Or maybe purgatory. I don't really know. He was dead, but not. And of course it featured the signature Rogers and Hammerstein way-too-long ballet sequence that doesn't make any sense. Nevertheless, I'm tempted to watch it again. I would like to see it in its entirety. I'll just have to make sure I'm up for the crying that will surly ensue.

No comments: