Tuesday, January 25, 2022

I'm Baaaaaack

Ok, well the last time I posted anything here was in 2014. Honestly, I kind of forgot about this until Google told me I had some unclaimed ad money from this blog. Fabulous!

My posts before this were sporadic, but I'm determined to keep up with it this time. My love for old things hasn't changed!

So, what's been taking up my time the last 8 years? Mostly taking care of children. There are three of them. My oldest, Eliza, is 10. Did I name her after My Fair Lady. YES. Also, when we were dating my husband randomly told me he'd always liked the name Eliza and that's how I knew we were going to get married.

My son, Harrison, is 8. Is he named after Rex Harrison? YES. Is he named after Harrison Ford. YES. George Harrison? YES. Also, it's a family name. It's just the name that keeps on giving!

My second daughter, Amelia, is 5. She's not named after anything, we just thought it was cute.

What else has changed? I no longer have TCM and we stream everything. My old movie supply generally comes from the library. I mostly watch my kids watch Disney movies. Some of them are good. I have not done a great job of showing them classic films, but they do have an enduring love for Bye Bye Birdie and Elvis videos on Youtube. We've watched a handful of Judy Garland movies, most of which they are not super impressed with, but I will win them over yet!

Now that all the children are in school all day, I'm hoping I have time to write more. Perhaps this blog will start chronicling our adventures watching old movies as a family, or reacquainting myself with them on my own. Either way, I'm looking forward to getting back into it.

1 comment:

mom said...

Adding the kid's comments was a great idea. Harrison's are funny. I'm glad they are getting a taste of old movies!