Thursday, June 7, 2007

My Favorite YouTube Videos

I think it's safe to say that YouTube is the best website that has ever existed. The things I've seen on YouTube have often been shocking to say the least, but always extremely entertaining. There's nothing like wasting away a lunch hour searching for rare Judy Garland interviews or strange performances by my favorite singers on 60's T.V. shows when they felt the need to try to prolong their clearly washed up careers.

This first video is in honor of my mother. I believe she originally found it and has been obsessed with it ever since. She makes jokes about it on a regular basis. My favorite thing about this video is the 4 guys singing with Debbie. They're just too happy.


I suppose this is just a must see—Judy Garland and Barbra Streisand. Despite my feelings towards Barbra (annoyance) I do enjoy this. But it's clear that Barbra thinks she's better than Judy. And why she's dressed like a slightly skanky sailor, I do not know.


There is a plethora of Julie Andrews/Carol Burnett videos all over YouTube, but this is by far the best one. You can only watch so many videos of them in painfully 1980's dresses singing a medley about how great it is to be friends. Yes, this video contains some painfully 80's dresses, but luckily they are sufficiently ruined by the end. Also, Julie Andrews makes fun of Americans which is always funny. I especially like when Carol Burnett asks for honey in her tea and receives a rather offended look from Julie. I can't drink tea without honey. Take that, Julie! You're in America now! There is a second part to this video which is definitely worth watching.


My last video has nothing to do with movies or really anything, but I just love it so much I had to post it. It's from The Office. Dwight is my favorite.


There are about a hundred other videos I would like to post here, but it would take too much space and time, so you're going to have to find them yourself. They're certainly out there in abundance, waiting to entertain and perplex you.

1 comment:

Kim said...

thank you kim. ok it was the 60's or maybe 70's and debbie didn't know it was a folk song. I know i was in shock the first time i saw it. There are no words to explain it. It's just all wrong.
Dwight is the best too.
Check out the acoustic version of "while my guitar gently weeps" on youtube (george singing it, not the nonames who tried to copy). It's my new obsession.
Love, Mom