Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Mildred Pierce Remake

Apparently they're going to remake Mildred Pierce as a made for TV movie starring Kate Winslet.

I'm not sure how I feel about this, given the fact that Mildred Pierce is basically my favorite Joan Crawford movie of all time. I like Kate Winslet, but she doesn't really come off as completely insane as Joan Crawford and I think some insanity is needed for this film.

Nevertheless, I'll give it a try. Hopefully they keep it as shady and weird as the original!

2 comments:

Bacall said...

Why ruin a good thing? Hollywood today is so hollow, they have to recycle. What they don't understand is that today's stars & writers don't compare to classic Hollywood stars & writers.

Successful remakes are few and far between.

Anonymous said...

The original Mildred Pierce film is an adaptation of James M. Cain's original novel - and that film was different in many ways from the novel (e.g. there is no murder in the original book). Just think of the Winslet remake as a faithful adaptation of the book, rather than a remake of the Crawford film, and you'll be fine.