Sunday, April 17, 2022

Old Movies With Kids: Easter Parade

Well, it's Easter weekend so of course, I had to make sure the kids watched Easter Parade!

If it wasn't already obvious, Judy Garland is pretty much my favorite. I've written about Easter Parade before and all of my opinions there still stand.


This film features a stressful love square, the less common relative of the love triangle. These people just go around in circles. It would have all easily been solved if Judy had just gone for the much more handsome and debonair Peter Lawford. But no, it has to be Fred. And poor Peter Lawford is stuck with Nadine who's been awkwardly chasing him through the entire movie.

A major debate came up during our viewing: Does Peter Lawford have a British accent? I say he obviously does. My husband doesn't think so at all and my 10 year old daughter agreed with him, though I don't necessarily trust her opinion. He was born in London, but spent time in many different countries. Nonetheless, IT'S SO OBVIOUS THAT HE HAS A BRITISH ACCENT. I don't even understand how this is a debate!


From the kids

10 year old girl - 4 stars

8 year old boy - 0 stars - "Boo"

5 year old girl - 3 stars

Clearly, my son was not into this movie. It seems he's becoming more adverse to old movies the more we watch them. Bad news for him: We're not going to stop watching them.

The girls liked Judy Garland, of course! They really enjoyed the songs and dancing, especially Fred Astaire dancing in slow motion. 


No comments: