Monday, February 19, 2007

Top Ten Cary Grant Movies

I fell asleep last night while gazing at the Houseboat soundtrack LP on my wall and was inspired.

10. His Girl Friday

9. The Philadelphia Story

8. Dream Wife - a part of my Deborah Kerr stage

7. That Touch of Mink - I do love Doris Day

6. Arsenic and Old Lace - how can you not love two old ladies murdering people?

5. Bringing Up Baby

4. Houseboat

3. The Awful Truth - these Irene Dunn ones are really amazing. Very hilarious.

2. My Favorite Wife

1. An Affair to Remember - my favorite part is at the end when Deborah Kerr's helper lady opens the door and Cary Grant is in the doorway. Oh my goodness.

What did I learn while putting together this list? There are a ton of Cary Grant movies! I'm going to have to go rent some now.

2 comments:

Nathania Johnson said...

It's so hard to narrow it down, isn't it?

I love "Holiday" where Katharine Hepburn was his co-star.

Kim said...

Holiday is definitely on my list to see. I've heard that it's excellent!