Saturday, August 25, 2007

Camelot!

I went to Goodwill and picked up the Camelot Original Broadway Cast Recording on vinyl (Julie Andrews, of course). I haven't see Camelot, mostly because it sounds kind of depressing, and I really only know the main "Camelot" song. But I'm listening to it now and I'm only on like the fourth song, and it's already amazing. I think I'm going to end up liking this Guenevere and I'm pretty sure I'm going to need to go see the show now. I don't think I want to watch the movie...I have this feeling it'll have the same outcome as the whole My Fair Lady fiasco. Why does Julie Andrews have to always ruin things by being so good. If she would just be crappy sometimes things would be so much easier.

Anyway, the best part of my Goodwill purchase is when I got home and pulled out the record, two more records fell out. One is a 45 with two Carpenters songs that I don't know. The second is more interesting. All it says on it is United Air Lines on the top and "Take me along" at the bottom. I have no idea what that means, but I'm sure looking forward to finding out.

No comments: