Saturday, February 12, 2022

The Quiet Man on the Big Screen

Anytime an old movie is shown on the big screen I'm pretty excited. I mean, it's great that I live in a time where I can stream pretty much anything I want, but it's also a bummer that I missed out on seeing so many great movies in the theater.

So I was pretty excited to find out they'll be showing The Quiet Man in theaters for St. Patrick's Day! I've written about The Quiet Man before and what a joy it is to watch the commentary version with Maureen O'Hara. She's one of my favorites and this movie is charming and delightful. I can't wait to celebrate St. Patrick's Day with a trip to the theater!

Side note: From what I can tell, the newer blu-ray versions of The Quiet Man don't have the wonderful commentary with Maureen O'Hara which is a shame. I have this version which is quite old now but the commentary is a treasure if you're a fan of Maureen O'Hara! You can always check out my summary. It's basically all you need to know.

No comments: