Monday, April 16, 2007

Wait Until Dark

We had our second Old Movie Night this weekend featuring Wait Until Dark. It was quite a success I think.

Wait Until Dark is scary. It stars Audrey Hepburn and Alan Arkin. She's blind, some guys are after her because she has this doll stuffed with heroin, and just about the whole movie takes place in her apartment. Not your typical Audrey Hepburn movie. I had seen it quite awhile ago, but I've mostly just caught random parts when it's been on tv over the years. So it had been awhile since I'd seen the whole thing. It's really an excellent movie, and there was a great moment where just about everyone in the room screamed and jumped. Luckily, I knew what was coming, so I just got to observe everyone else's shock, and then laugh at them.

If you're looking for a good suspenseful movie with some Audrey Hepburn action, this one's for you. It's very well made, and manages to stay away from most of the 60's movie corniness. But really, how can an Audrey Hepburn movie possibly be corny? The DVD has a few special features, and I'm tempted to add it to my collection.

It seemed to please the younger audience...everyone was pretty into it. They always seem surprised that these movies are in color. I guess when people think "old movie" they think black and white. So next month we're definitely showing a black and white film. I can't wait!

No comments: