Sunday, March 4, 2007

The Music Man - Shirley Jones Day 1

Went to see The Music Man last night on the big screen. It was excellent. I love that movie and it's even better in the theater! I almost broke out into song a couple of times, but luckily I was able to control myself.

I wanted to go to the matinee show to save a little money and I arrived a half hour early, but it was sold out! I was disappointed, but I bought tickets for the later show. I'm glad it was sold out though, at least people have an interest in these movies. The show I went to as not as well attended, but the theater was more than half full.

Shirley Jones was there in the lobby before the show started, signing autographs and such, but you had to pay $20 for an autograph! Even if you brought something of your own for her to sign! So forget that, I say. I'm thinking about at least getting a picture with her tonight when I go back for Oklahoma.

Shirley also introduced the movie and answered audience questions which was the best part. She seems very nice and everything she said was interesting, although some of the questions asked were just dumb. Seriously, people, ask intelligent questions. Anyway, she talked a bit about her career. She mentioned that one of her granddaughters is playing Amaryllis in her school production and Shirley was very proud. She also talked about working with Jimmy Stewart and Henry Fonda in The Cheyenne Social Club. She said Jimmy Stewart is just wonderful and a completely natural actor, but Henry Fonda was not so friendly.

So I'll be viewing Oklahoma tonight and I'm pretty sure it's going to be amazing. More on that later, plus pictures.

1 comment:

Bev Sykes said...

If you listen to any interview of Jane Fonda about her father, and the emotion of working on "On Golden Pond" you'll discover that Henry Fonda apparently wasn't very nice to anybody.