Thursday, March 22, 2007

Something Fun!

I stole this from this fabulous site. It looked like so much fun, I couldn't pass it up!

1. Name a movie that you have seen more than 10 times.

I'm pretty sure there are more than I care to admit. I like to watch movies multiple times, but this is what comes to mind at the moment:

-Probably every Judy Garland movie from For Me and My Gal to A Star Is Born. With a few exceptions, maybe.
-The Music Man (my current favorite)
-My Fair Lady
-The Sound of Music
-While You Were Sleeping
-Never Been Kissed
-The Parent Trap
-Singin In the Rain
-A Mighty Wind

The list goes on...

2. Name a movie that you’ve seen multiple times in the theater.

There are a lot of these too! Somewhere in the mid 90's, my mom and I went to see Sabrina, Father of the Bride 2 and Jumanji multiple times. I guess we didn't have anything better to do. More recently, I'm sure I saw both the the Pirates of the Caribbean movies twice (I love that Captain Barbossa), and I'm pretty sure I saw The Holiday twice. Clearly, I cannot pass up a trip to the movies.

3. Name an actor that would make you more inclined to see a movie.

I'm going to list people that are currently alive and may actually be in a new movie:

Hugh Grant - he's cute
Meryl Streep
Jack Nicholson - I don't really know why
Bill Pullman - also cute
Diane Keaton
Christopher Guest movies

4. Name an actor that would make you less likely to see a movie.

Jim Carrey. It's kind of hypocritical of me because I do like some of his movies, but I mostly can't stand him.

5. Name a movie that you can and do quote from.

I've never been good at quoting movies until I saw Napoleon Dynamite! Your mom goes to college! I'm also pretty good at the Eulalie Mackechnie Shinn quotes from The Music Man. Oh and the Christopher Guest movies, specifically, A Mighty Wind.

6. Name a movie musical that you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs

Again, there are a ton. Judy Garland movies of course (am I obsessed??) The Music Man, Sound of Music, My Fair Lady, Annie, Disney movies, White Christmas, and so on...

7. Name a movie that you have been known to sing along with

If I'm at home by myself I will sing along with all of them, but then I wouldn't be "known" for it because no one else would be around.

8. Name a movie that you would recommend everyone see.

I've stopped recommending movies. It never works out and people think I'm nuts.

9. Name a movie that you own.

How is this even a question? I own way too many movies to list, but I think from my previous answers, you can guess quite a few of them.

10. Name an actor that launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops.

Nothing comes to mind, though I'm sure there are quite a few good ones. Maybe.

11. Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in? If so, what?

Yes, I don't really want to admit it, but Matilda and Phenomenon...it was a double feature. We were on vacation and that was all that was playing the week we were there!

12. Ever made out in a movie?


Not that I know.

13. Name a movie that you keep meaning to see but just haven’t yet gotten around to it.

I would like to see Dreamgirls.

14. Ever walked out of a movie?

When I was maybe 5 years old, I had to leave Benji the Hunted, I was so traumatized. There was animal slaughter going on and I couldn't deal with it.

15. Name a movie that made you cry in the theater.

Finding Neverland, but really only because this lady behind me was weeping.

16. Popcorn?

Yes, but I don't usually get it. When I worked for the movie theater place and got in for free I got the popcorn, but not so much anymore.

17. How often do you go to the movies (as opposed to renting them or watching them at home)?

Depends on what's out, but probably at least once a month. Mostly to the bargain theater!

18. What’s the last movie you saw in the theater?

The Music Man and Oklahoma. As far as a new movie...I think it was Music and Lyris...it was alright.

19. What’s your favorite/preferred genre of movie?

Musicals!!


20. What’s the first movie you remember seeing in the theater?


Well, I remember seeing Benji the Hunted, only because of how horrible it was, so I guess that would be it. Otherwise, probably The Little Mermaid.

21. What movie do you wish you had never seen?


Dumb and Dumber!!

22. What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed?

Maybe this Lifetime movie about this house that caused the people living in it to have affairs and kill each other. Quality programming.



23. What is the scariest movie you’ve seen?


Child's Play. I have a real problem with dolls coming to life and killing people. Big mistake. The Ring freaked me out too.

24. What is the funniest movie you’ve seen?

I enjoy A Mighty Wind very much. And the other Christopher Guest movies, of course, but Mighty Wind takes the cake. What About Bob is always funny. Two moments that never fail to crack me up: Forget Paris, when Debra Winger gets the bird stuck to her head and Tom Hanks' series of mishaps in the Money Pit when he ends up in the fountain with the statue peeing on him. Hilarious!

No comments: