Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Robert Goulet

So I'm sure we've all heard the sad news that Robert Goulet is in the hospital awaiting a lung transplant. If I had a lung to spare, I would certainly give it to him.

This afternoon, I was talking to my boss and another coworker. My boss was running through a list of famous people she's seen in Vegas and Robert Goulet was part of the list. I was slightly disturbed that she would just assume I know who Robert Goulet is. What twenty-something knows who he is?? I do.

Then my coworker asked who Robert Goulet is. It was then that I realized there is no way to explain who he is to anyone under the age of 50. Certainly they've seen him before, but where? Emerald Nuts commercials? Will Ferrel Saturday Night Live skits? 60's TV? None of these flew with my coworker; she had no idea what we were talking about. I shyly admitted that I knew him from Camelot. Yeah, I'm a nerd.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sorry kim but most people have no idea who he is. and don't be giving away any lungs. nice thought though.
mom